Deborah Hodges is the founder, president, and principal of Golden Square providing professional services-marketing and management. She has an advanced degree in business and communications and over 20 year’s career experience working with associations and companies to attain their business goals.
Her approach is to create strategic communications to “maximize business results.” She has lead marketing and business development initiatives for small start-ups to companies with over nine figures. Creating “top of mind presence” must be a passion and a necessary business goal.
She held titles such as president, education director, marketing director, public relations director, and other various senior leadership roles with top firms and organizations on a national level.
She has a bachelor’s degree in Organizational Communication from North Central College and she has a master’s degree in Business Administration and Communications with a focus in marketing from De Paul University.
Ms. Hodges served on several executive boards such as Chicago Health Executives Forum, Society of Marketing Professional Services, American College of Healthcare Executives, Regent’s Advisory Council, Construction Marketing Association, and others. She served as the Executive Director for the Construction Writers Association for six years, as an employee, working with its stellar board and membership.
Golden Square is a women-owned small business providing services on a national level.
Awards and Honors:
- Served as the marketing director for five major ENR-ranked companies
- Past president of SMPS Chicago, two terms
- Past president of Chicago Healthcare Executives Forum
- Co-founder, the SMPS National Marketing Mentoring Committee
- Awarded a research grant and conducted a study for the SMPS National Foundation
- Awarded the 2008 ACHE Service Award by the American College of Healthcare Executives
- Awarded the 2010 ACHE Service Award by the American College of Healthcare Executives
- Received two Star Awards (team) by the American Bar Association in 2013